Grounded in the principles of care, trust and service, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts introduced an enhanced global health and safety program, Lead With Care, in May 2020 in response to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. To inform the program’s development, implementation and ongoing updates, Four Seasons entered into a consulting agreement with Johns Hopkins Medicine International, the global division of health care and research leader Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Based on health care expertise and enabled by access to leading technologies and tools, Lead With Care outlines clear operational procedures that educate and empower our employees to take care of guests and each other and is implemented at all Four Seasons properties globally. While guests may see many of the enhanced Lead With Care operational procedures, behind-the-scenes measures also take place through employee training, additional food handling protocols, and enhancements to ventilation systems and other back-of-the-house operations.
In addition, we continue to invest in our award-winning App and Chat that further allows guests to control how they engage with others – limiting face-to-face interactions while maintaining the highest levels of personal service. Since its launch in 2017, the popular Four Seasons Chat – one of the only in the industry to be supported by actual employees on property, versus chatbots – has received 10+ million messages and averages approximately 580,000 messages a month. Features include the ability to make and manage reservations, request luggage pickup, airport transfers, room service, restaurant and spa reservations, and much more. Wait-free check-in and check-out is also offered, while Four Seasons Chat integration offers instant translation of 100+ languages, giving guests the flexibility for contactless engagement throughout their stay.
We have also established a dedicated COVID-19 Advisory Board, bringing together Four Seasons leadership and top experts to inform health and safety decisions based on the latest scientific knowledge. Evolving in lockstep with rapidly changing discoveries, the COVID-19 Advisory Board creates, enhances and reviews current procedures, along with virtual and in-person training to guide implementation of Lead With Care across our global portfolio. The Advisory Board remains in close communication with General Managers and property teams to provide timely advice and respond to developments as quickly as possible.
We also invite you to visit our Welcome Back website here, a centralized place to find the latest information about property reopenings and current facility availability.
Additional details about the Lead With Care enhanced health and safety program can be found below:
- Each Four Seasons property has appointed a Hygiene Officer focused on implementing enhancements to already stringent procedures;
- Rooms disinfected with EPA approved products with blacklight inspection by room attendants;
- Focused re-training programs for Housekeeping teams on all cleaning protocols are being implemented across the portfolio;
- Increased cleaning of public areas cleaned with extra attention to frequented areas including front desk counters, elevators and public restrooms.
Heightened Guest Safety and Comfort:
- Global policy requiring all guests, residents, and employees to wear a mask or face-covering while indoors and receiving in-room services (further details below);
- Lead With Care kits placed in each guest room providing masks, hand sanitizer and sanitization wipes, with additional masks supplied on demand;
- Physical distancing measures embedded in all services for guest protection, including appropriately spaced fitness equipment, modified pool and beach set-up, contactless check-in and housekeeping services;
- Restaurants and bars may operate with reduced capacity and modified set-ups to ensure adequate space and physically distancing, with nearly all restaurants providing a-la-carte service;
- In Room Dining offering contactless delivery outside guestrooms along with sustainable, single-use packaging;
- Lead With Care training builds on Four Seasons legendary service model and diligent attention to detail, ensuring Lead With Care procedures are delivered in a thoughtful, attentive manner that balances guest safety with personal reassurance and comfort;
- Training focused on educating and empowering employees to deliver the enhanced health and safety program with confidence, passing on this care to each and every guest and resident;
- The COVID-19 Advisory Board advising on the global training program for all employees including: ensuring employees have a well-informed understanding of the disease, its transmission and the vaccine, providing guidance on appropriate physical distancing and use of personal protective equipment, as well as physical and mental health monitoring and support;
- Grounded in emotional intelligence, employees are undergoing behavioural training, ensuring empathetic, personalized care and connection are not lost in the absence of close contact and limited face to face interaction.
Four Seasons Global Mask Policy:
All Four Seasons hotels and resorts require all guests and patrons (age 10 and above) to wear a mask or face coverings when in public indoor spaces on property and when receiving service while in their guest room. Masks are strongly recommended for children age 2-9 years old. In some jurisdictions, additional or more stringent regulations on mask usage are mandated and must therefore apply. Examples may include, but are not limited to, requirements for children age 2 and above to wear masks, or masks required in outdoor, as well as indoor, public areas for all ages. Our hotels adhere to the more stringent requirement between Four Seasons Corporate Policy and local regulations.
Four Seasons Global Guest Mask Policy, as well as all other Lead With Care preventative measures, remain in place without exception as global vaccine programs continue to move forward and even if a guest can show proof of a recent negative test or vaccination. Please contact the hotel you are visiting directly if you have questions about this policy.
It continues to be mandatory for all Four Seasons employees to wear masks while on property.
As we work to continue to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are focused on protecting the health and safety of all employees, guest and patrons, and appreciate the respectful adherence by all those who visit, live and work at our properties to this important public health measure. We continue to work closely with third-party experts as we assess and evaluate the measures we are taking within the evolving COVID-19 environment.
Access to COVID-19 Testing:
Whether as a departure requirement or simply for peace of mind, all Four Seasons properties globally can facilitate access to COVID-19 testing for guests. In most cases, COVID-19 testing can be arranged on-property, with a third-party, to ensure a convenient experience. In some markets, availability and regulations prevent on-property testing; in these instances, Four Seasons can facilitate off-site testing for guests. Importantly, all Lead With Care preventative measures, including Four Seasons Global Guest Mask Policy, remain in place without exception even if a guest can show proof of a recent negative test or complete vaccination. For further testing details, as well as pricing information, please contact the respective hotel directly.